The Boeing 747SP is a four-engined long-range widebody airliner with a capacity of maximum 313 passengers in a partial double deck configuration produced by the American aircraft manufacturer Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
Name: 747SP Manufacturer: Boeing Category: Airliner ICAO: B74S IATA: 74L
The 747SP (Special Performance) is basically a long-range derivative of the 747-100. The exterior geometry of the 747SP has been changed from the 747-100. Aircraft systems are essentially unchanged except for differences resulting from changes outlined below.
- Overall airplane length is 47’1″ shorter.
- Body is 48’5″ shorter.
- Overall airplane height is approximately 2’11” higher.
- Vertical tail has been extended 5 feet.
- Horizontal tail has been extended on each end.
- Flaps have been modified to a single variable pivot flap.
- Main deck doors are reduced to 4 on each side.
- 4 Pratt and Whitney JT9D-3, JT9D-3A, JT9D-7, JT9D-7A, JT9D-7F, JT9D-7J 4
- Rolls Royce RB211-524B2-19, RB211-524C2-19, RB211-524D4-19, RB211-524D4-39.
|Cockpit crew||3 (2 pilots, flight engineer)|
|Seating capacity||233 (3-class)|
375; optional 400 (1-class, maximum)
|Overall length||184 ft 9 in (56.31 m)|
|Wingspan||195 ft 8 in (59.64 m)|
|Wing area||5,500 ft² (511 m²)|
|Overall height||65 ft 10 in (20.06 m)|
|Operating empty weight||336,870 lb (152,780 kg)|
|Maximum take-off weight||670,000 lb (304,000 kg)|
|Engine models (x 4)||Pratt & Whitney JT9D-7R4W or Rolls-Royce RB211-524C2 turbofan engines|
|Engine thrust (x 4)||46,500 lbf (206.8 kN)|
|Maximum speed||Mach 0.92 (526 knots, 975 km/h)|
|Cruising speed||Mach 0.88 (505 knots, 935 km/h)|
|Service ceiling||45,100 ft (13.75 km)|
|Maximum range||6,650 nmi (12,320 km; 7,650 mi)|
with 276 passengers + baggage
|Fuel capacity||50,360 US gal (190,600 l)|